Pre-registraion establishes your interest with MissionCMEcuador, helps us understand your expectations, and allows us to communicate effectively with you regarding requirements for participation. It is not a commitment for participation or inclusion for either party. That will come later.
- Financial Obligations – A deposit of $500 is required to hold a spot for your participation. This will be refunded if the trip is cancelled (due to Covid concerns or other unforeseen circumstances). It will NOT be refunded if you decide not to come on the trip. However, if you cancel, you will still have access to the MissionCMEcuador Prescribed CME modules. If you have any questions about this, please reach out via the Contact Us page. The remainder of the trip fee will be due at least 60 days prior to departure. If you cancel within 60 days of the departure, there will be a partial trip refund depending on the expenses that MissionCMEcuador cannot recoup. See the Waiver and/or use the Contact Us page for more information.
- In order to treat patients in Ecuador these items are required and must be submitted with your deposit:
- Copy of your active state medical license
- Two color copies of your Passport (expiration must be at least six (6) months from the anticipated date of return from the trip)
- The MisssionCMEcuador Waiver must also be signed and submitted with your 500$ deposit.
- Also required to be submitted at least 90 days prior to the trip departure date is an Apostille (see instructions below)
- The Apostille is an official document required by the Ecuadorian Government for any medical professional entering the country who desires to provide medical treatment. To obtain an Apostille, first you must obtain a notarized copy of your valid and current state medical license with this EXACT WORDING from the notary “I hereby acknowledge and certify that this is a true and accurate copy of the original document.” It must be dated and signed by YOU and your notary. Then, this document must be mailed to the Office of the Secretary of State in the state in which you are licensed along with a stamped return envelope. This process requires a nominal fee (generally between 5-15 dollars). The Secretary of State office will place an official seal on your document and mail it back to you. Allow at least two weeks for this process. Then, you must mail the document back to MissionCMEcuador. If this document is not received at least 10 weeks prior to the departure date of your trip, while you can still participate in the trip, you will not be able to treat patients.